Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Bengaluru offers two programmes :
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours/ Honours with Research) and
- Dual Degree Program with Deakin University where students will obtain a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from SCMS-B and a Bachelor of Business Analytics degree from Deakin University.
The BBA program is a four years and eight semesters full-time graduate program that strives to develop students into socially conscious responsible corporate citizens. This program, with its comprehensive and up-to-date curriculum and a large selection of optional modules, will enable students to pursue higher education at prestigious business institutions in India and overseas or to enter the corporate sector.
Duration: Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours/ Honours with Research): 4 Years Full Time
For the Batch of 2023-27, SIU announces the four-year degree programme with multiple entry and exit options as envisioned in the NEP 2020*. The highlights of the new programme offerings are as under
- The Programme framework allows exciting options to pursue majors, minors and an opportunity to pursue multidisciplinary, Ability and Skill enhancement courses.
- Offers a good blend of immersive learning, research and community engagement.
- Includes opportunities for semester exchange programmes with foreign universities.
- Business Analytics
- Offers the following exit options
- A Certificate at the end of the first year of the programme with 44 credits
- A Diploma at the end of the first two years of the programme with 84 credits
- A UG Degree at the end of 3 years of the programme with 120 credits
- A UG Degree with Honours / Research at the end of the 4 years of the programme with 160 credits.
- Human Resources
- Business Analytics
* Specializations will be offered when a minimum of 15 students opt for them.
SCMS-B and DEAKIN DUAL DEGREE PROGRAM
Deakin University, a renowned Australian university, and Symbiosis International (Deemed University) SIU, a leader in higher education in India through a new initiative have launched a dual degree offering from the year 2024. The dual degree agreement allows students enrolled in Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Bengaluru (SCMS-B), a constituent of Symbiosis International (Deemed University) to articulate into Deakin University, with recognition for prior learning achieved at SCMS-B. This offering will allow students to study first two years at SCMS-B and the subsequent two years at Deakin University. After two years at each institution, students earn dual degrees, combining Deakin’s global connection and research excellence with Symbiosis’s dynamic learning environment.
This 2+2 dual degree program will allow the students to obtain a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from SCMS-B and a Bachelor of Business Analytics degree from Deakin University. At SCMS-B the students will be offered exciting options to pursue majors, minors, multidisciplinary, and Ability and Skill enhancement courses. Students can choose majors and minors from Marketing, Finance and Human Resources. As the students transition to Deakin University, they will be exposed to a world of analytics, offering them a basket of core and elective units. The new offerings will extend brilliant opportunities for ambitious Indian students to get a four-year work visa (Extension is subject to the policy changes of the Australian Government), opening avenues for global career outcomes. The ease of mobility and accessibility is being facilitated by the two institutions in alignment with their commitment to providing quality education, skilling, and research pathways to help shape successful future outcomes for Indian students.