1. When does the Admission Process of BBA program of SCMS Bengaluru start?
Ans:- The process of admission generally starts with Registration in the beginning of the year, this year the registration has started from 25th January, 2022 . The schedule and sequence of Admission process are given on our website https://www.scmsbengaluru.edu.in/
2. What is eligibility for BBA program
Ans:- Candidates who have appeared for XII or have passed XII or equivalent exam with 50% and above for Open Category and 45% and above for SC & ST Category are eligible to apply.
3. What is intake for BBA Program?
Ans:- Total 120 seats.
- Indian Student - 120 seats including reservation for (SC 15%, ST 7.5%, DA 3%)+ 2 seats per program for Kashmiri Migrant.
- International Students - 18 Seats
International Students may contact Ms. Rupali Chaudhari, Executive, Admissions, Symbiosis Centre for International Education, for information regarding the process of application and selection.
Contact No. 020 - 25671905, 25925311, 25925350, Website www.scie.ac.in
4. How to apply for BBA program?
Ans:- Students are selected to UG Program of Symbiosis International (Deemed University) (SIU) on the basis of their performance in a single entrance test - Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET). It is therefore mandatory that a student registers -
- To appear for the symbiosis entrance test (SET) visit www.set-test.org
- To communicate their choice of program and Institute. (https://www.scmsbengaluru.edu.in/)
5. What is the Selection Process?
Selection Process -
Students will be selected for admission based on the cumulative score of -
- Performance in the Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) 50% weightage
- Performance in Personal Interaction and Written Ability Test (PI-WAT) of SCMS Bengaluru 50% Weightage
Overview of SET -
SET (SET/ SLAT/ SITEEE/ SEED) is a common entrance test for getting admission into any of the Under Graduate courses / Institutes under Symbiosis International (Deemed University). SET is held in various cities (details available on web site www.set-test.org.) It is generally held on first Saturday of May every year. This year SET will be conducted on 3 July, 2022.
Registration Process for SET - For appearing in SET, one has to do an online registration.
- Online Registration: For the current academic year the online registration will start from 25 January 2022 and closes by 15 June, 2022.
- Registration Fees: Registration fees as specified on web site has to be paid along with registration before the closing date for on line payment given under ‘Important dates’ tab.
- Admit – Card: The admit – card for SET is to be printed/ collected online by a candidate within the dates specified. Admit Card generation starts from 22 June 2022.
- Test Date: 3 July 2022. The Test is conducted only once a year and this date cannot be changed
- Maximum Score: The maximum score for SET will be 60.
- SET Results: The SET results will be declared on web site www.set-test.org on 12 July 2022.
- Overview of PI-WAT
PI-WAT is the next activity of selection process for the BBA course offered by Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies – Bengaluru (SCMS-Bengaluru). For PI-WAT those candidates who have scored >= than the cut off marks and who have registered for SCMS Bengaluru also, will only be called.
- Personal Interaction (PI) - It is a personal interaction of the candidate with a panel of experts from Industries/ Academics. That covers general awareness, extracurricular activities, academics, specific field of interest, communication skills and over all personality/ fit for the program.
- Written Ability Test (WAT) - The Test includes one PAT (picture association test) and writing a short essay on a given topic (of general nature) as well as answering the questions related to given topic.
- Maximum Score - Maximum score for PI-WAT will be 50 marks.
- PI-WAT Centers – This year PI-WAT will be conducted in an (online/ offline mode depending on COVID situation) from 21 – 31 July, 2022
- Registration for SCMS-Bengaluru - Any candidate who is seeking admission to BBA course at SCMS – Bengaluru, must get himself/ herself registered for SCMS-Bengaluru after registering for SET. A Candidate who has not registered for SCMS-Bengaluru within the given dates cannot be called for PIWAT in spite of him/her having more than Cut-off score in SET. Hence one must get himself/ herself registered as per following steps.
- Online Registration -The candidate must get him/herself online registered on our Web site –https://www.scmsbengaluru.edu.in/. For academic year 2022-23 Online Registration will start on 25 January 2022 and closes by 11 July 2022.
- Payment of Registration Fees - Registration fees as specified can be paid Online/ Offline through Demand Draft. wef 25 January 2022.
- Closing Date – The on-line payment of Registration fees for Institute (SCMS Bengaluru) will close on 11 July, 2022.
- Call for PI-WAT -The short-listed candidates for PIWAT will be declared on 16 July, 2022 for which candidates must visit our web site https://www.scmsbengaluru.edu.in/
- PI-WAT Schedule - The PIWAT this year will be conducted in an online/ offline Mode (depending on COVID situation) from 21 – 31 July, 2022. The candidates will be able to book their preferred Slot for the PIWAT through our website by selecting an option for a preferred date and time till there is availability for that date. Candidates not exercising their option will be allotted a date and a slot for PI WAT depending upon the availability.
- Reporting for PI-WAT – Candidates must keep with them the soft copies of their documents as specified in the intimation for PIWAT e.g. 12th Mark sheet, Provisional passing certificate from School and original Caste/ category – certificate (issued by competent authority).
- Declaration of Merit List - Based on the weightage of scores for SET and PI-WAT, the first Merit list will be drawn and will be declared on our website https://www.scmsbengaluru.edu.in/ on 6 August, 2022.
6. Is BBA a residential course?
Ans:- No. BBA is a Non-residential course. One can stay as per his/ her convenience.
7. Is Hostel facility available for students?
Ans:- We have Hostel facility for Students within 1 KM radius. However, there are limited seats available in the hostel, hence seats are allotted on a ‘first come first served’ basis. For hostel facility, one can enquire on:-
Email Id: - email@example.com or
Contact No.: +91 9901977725; +91 9916400029; 080 6713 9451.
In addition, Private hostel facilities exists within about 2 KM range.
8. What is the Fees structure of BBA programme?
Ans:- It is a 3 years course with semester system having following fees structure -
The fees structure for this year is available on our website - https://www.scmsbengaluru.edu.in/fees-structure
9. What are the facilities available to students?
Ans:- Campus Facilities: The Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Bengaluru (SCMS Bengaluru) Campus with its state-of-art infrastructure, well-equipped spacious lecture halls, an ultra-modern auditorium, a well-stocked library and a well-designed Amphitheatre ensures that all supplementary aspects of learning are taken care of, brief details of the Campus facilities are mentioned below:
- Wi - Fi Enabled Campus: The campus is Wi-Fi enabled which caters to the growing technological needs of the students. Access to the internet for research work and any other constructive purpose does not become a problem for the students.
- Computer Laboratory: Computer lab supports and facilitates teaching, &learning of its future managers and technocrats. Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Bengaluru is equipped with state-of-art computing facilities to compliment classroom pedagogy.
- Library: The Library at Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Bengaluru houses some of the finest collections of books on management & related areas, periodicals & journals, newspapers, video CDs, DVDs that include numerous case studies and project work. The library accords open-access which provides the students with perfect ambience for learning.
- Classrooms: Our well-furnished, spacious classrooms and lecture halls are equipped with audio-visual aids like LCD projectors & modern audio set up. Classroom teaching thus becomes more interesting. Students are also encouraged to make Power Point presentations and discuss their perspectives. This interactive teaching methodology not only involves student-participation but also builds their confidence.
- BBA Course: Under the Cafeteria system in the BBA course offered, a student has few core subjects and has option to select other subjects (out of the electives offered) to get his/ her BBA Degree in their chosen specialization.
- Global Competence: Symbiosis has MoU with few overseas universities where our students are sent in fourth Semester under the Global Immersion Program (GIP) to get international exposure.
- Gymnasium: The campus has a well-equipped gym with an in-house modern health club and fitness center with the view to facilitate a holistic development of the mind and body & for an all-round development of our students.
- Amphitheatre: The Campus has an amphitheater which is the most sought-after place to have concerts, band competitions, street-plays, Dandiya evening etc.
- Cafeteria & Mess: A multi-cuisine cafeteria and a Mess cater to the requirements of the students. While the services of the mess are optional other students, it is compulsory for students residing in hostels to avail of this facility.
- Extra-Curricular Activities: We believe that students of Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies, Bengaluru must go out with an all-rounded personality. We encourage them to give expression to their talent and hone skills for which there are various clubs and a student can join any of these club/clubs depending upon their aptitude and area of interest.
- Sports: In addition to Indoor games, facilities for outdoor games e.g. cricket, Football, Tennis, volley ball and basketball are within our Campus area.
- Placement Center & Conference Hall: To carry out the placement activities for the final year students the college has a Placement Center that organizes Industry visit and training sessions on skill development. Most of the corporate presentation, group discussions and personal interviews are conducted within the campus in the Conference Hall.
- Health Care: Symbiosis Center for Health Care (SCHC) is an in-house Health Care Centre exclusive to the staff and students of the various institutes of Symbiosis. The SCHC has a team of specialist doctors who conduct the (compulsory) annual checkup of every student. A medical officer of SCHC is stationed in our campus at Bengaluru for Curative health care that includes medical OPD, referrals to consultants and emergency hospitalization. The center also arranges seminars & health education workshop.
- Insurance: Every student at Symbiosis is covered under a unique and novel medical insurance scheme. The student is covered for hospitalization (in the empaneled Hospitals) for up to Rs. 50,000/- in case of non-accidental emergencies (as per the Mediclaim Insurance Policy) & Rs. 1,00,000/- in case of Rail/ Road traffic accidents.
- Reprography Centre: Printout/ photocopy facilities are available for the students at the reprography center within the campus.
10. How much attendance is a must?
Ans:- In the BBA course any student must have minimum 75% attendance as per our university norms to appear in the semester examination.
11. Is there any sports quota? If any preference is given in admission to MBA program of Symbiosis for SCMS students?
Ans:- Specifically there is no sports quota for admissions, however due weightage is given during Personal Interaction (Part of PIWAT). All students seeking admission to MBA program have to appear for the SNAP held for admission to the MBA program of Symbiosis International (Deemed University).
12. SCMS Bengaluru (BBA) is affiliated to which university?
Ans:- SCMS Bengaluru is a Constituent of Symbiosis International (Deemed University).
13. What are Institute timings?
Ans:- The Institute timings are generally 9 am to 4 pm from Monday to Saturday
14. When does the Course start?
Ans:- The First year Course will commence from 29 August, 2022 with Induction and Orientation Program.